Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Due to continuous growth, we are seeking committed and proactive systems technicians to join our Infrastructure & Equipment team. As our Systems Technician your primary focus is to ensure all Technology Services equipment are in a fit for purpose condition and provide diagnostic and repair support to operational crew during setup and pack down activities.
- Award winning event technology
- $29.44 per hour
- Multiple, full-time EBA positions
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure equipment and infrastructure is available in functional repair for event purposes
- Keep records of equipment currently out of service, and equipment currently off site for repair.
- Perform on-site repair of faulty equipment wherever practicable
- Assist in the creation of documentation relevant to the delivery of new systems and acquisitions.
- Monitor contractor performance to ensure contracted tasks are completed to specified standards, and within agreed timeframes
- Maintain operational documentation including accurate reporting on task progress and outcomes, reporting back to Management with an accurate daily report, including photographs of areas that are not being utilised correctly
To be considered for this work, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Your proven experience in the equipment and systems technology
- Have a strong customer service focus, excellent team skills, the ability to communicate clearly
- Have availability to work overnight and weekend shifts for events that require it
- An elevated work platform (EWP) ticket and Construction Induction certification (white card) are mandatory required for this role.
Shifts are allocated across a seven-day week.
In return you get to work with this exciting venue which offers a supportive environment, thorough training, development and induction, the latest in audio visual technology, staff wellbeing programs, a discounted staff cafeteria, discounted parking and a strong corporate social responsibility ethic.
All applications must be directed to MCEC’s career site. Please click ‘Apply for job’ below and follow the link.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://bit.ly/2B8TqmD →