At Crestron, we build the technology that integrates technology. Our automation and control solutions for buildings and homes let people control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as A/V, lighting, shading, IT, security, BMS, and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience, and security. All of our products are designed and built to work together as a complete system, enabling you to monitor, manage, and control everything from one platform.
We are seeking a polished, proactive, and professional Advanced Technical Support Engineer to support the ATSG Department. In this role, you will provide Onsite Advanced Technical Support for our customers in a firm that cultivates a close-knit and collaborative corporate culture.
We will look for you to showcase your problem solving skills, and an ability to think outside the box while identifying alternate and creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Handle escalated Technical Support cases
- Provide remote assistance and on-site support to Crestron’s dealers and customers, while working to resolve technical issues that are not able to be efficiently resolved through typical phone support channels.
- Stage dealer projects and programs in the process of reproducing and resolving the reported issues.
- Review project designs and programming to ensure they conform to best practices.
- Provide regular updates on the status of assigned cases to management.
- Ensure all customers receive world-class support.
- Nationwide Travel. May include occasional travel to New Zealand and other international destinations.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors in EE or CS degree preferred. Crestron programming certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- DMC-E credited engineer with experience designing, installing, and commissioning large scale distributed digital video technologies is highly desirable.
- Broad understanding of Ethernet networking technologies and protocols as they pertain to residential and commercial AV systems integration. CCNA or similar networking certification is highly desirable.
- Self-starter with proven ability to constantly learn new software and hardware technologies and an ability to quickly put that learning into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects.
- Demonstrable experienced with several of the following: C#, Microsoft PowerShell, BacNET/IP, and SIP/VOIP preferred.
- Experience with Crestron’s proprietary software development tools, including Simpl Windows, Simpl+, Simpl#, D3Pro, Crestron Studio.
- Familiarity with Unified Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Conference and Board Room presentation systems. Proficiency with, and knowledge of, streaming video protocols and technologies including H.264/H.265, Multicast and Unicast RTSP. Experience with industry leading audio DSPs as applied to AV systems integration.
- Experience with integrating residential and commercial technologies including, Lighting, HVAC, Distributed Audio/Video, Security and Surveillance Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. This is a customer facing position and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and effectively while remaining focused on exceeding customer expectations.
Please click ‘Apply for job’ below and send your CV & Cover Letter to the specified email address.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org