The Electric Canvas
The Electric Canvas is looking for an enthusiastic assistant who is interested in starting a career with an award winning and internationally recognised specialist within the public events and entertainment sectors.
Working under the supervision of our operations manager and based in our Chatswood workshop, you’ll experience many aspects of what it takes for the technical delivery of our projects, whilst gaining experience in working with cutting edge projection equipment.
The Junior AV Warehouse Assistant is an entry-level position for which no previous experience is required. This is an ideal role for a recent school leaver or young person who has a keen interest in working within the events industry.
Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- General warehouse organisation
- Assisting with equipment preparation for outgoing projects
- Assisting with equipment “de-prep” from incoming jobs
- Basic woodwork and/or metal work fabrication
- Loading and unloading vehicles
The successful applicant will:
- Have an interest in lighting and sound
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Be punctual and reliable
- Take instruction well
- Be motivated to learn new tasks
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Possess sound mechanical aptitude
- Hold a current drivers license
- Have good computer skills
- In return, The Electric Canvas will provide you with an above-award salary and the opportunity to develop into a key team member. Although existing qualifications (forklift license, elevated work platform ticket, etc.) would be an advantage, training to obtain these credentials will be made available to the right candidate.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia and may be required to travel both interstate and overseas from time to time.
Please click ‘Apply for job’ below and send your application to the specified email address.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org